The IT Specialist will assist with all aspects of hardware and software issues within the company. This includes researching and recommending equipment such desktops and servers as well as software. The IT Specialist will also assist in cybersecurity measures. The IT Specialist will be assist with supporting, training, troubleshooting and coding in Microsoft products including NAV. The IT Specialist will interface with engineers, management and customer support staff. The IT Specialist must have excellent problem solving skills and ability to work on and complete projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Help to document and follow-up for user requests and technical support challenges.
- Help to develop custom solutions to meet end user needs.
- Follow best practices for managing software updates in a production environment.
- Research and recommend hardware and software.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that our data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Configure Windows and Linux host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of network security architectures, including firewalls, router ACLs (Access Control Lists), and web content filters.
- Monitor and respond to Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and anti-virus alerts.
- Troubleshoot security, network, hardware and software problems.
- Assist in Microsoft Dynamics NAV C/AL coding.
- Work with business development managers to capture requirements, perform fit-gap analysis and create functional specifications for Navision configuration and enhancements.
- Test functionality against business requirements.
- Provide technical support for existing IT systems by troubleshooting user issues and helping to manage system configuration, report development and enhancement requests.
- Coordinate and assist with end-user training including development of system documentation and training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- Expert in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. oral and written)
- Substantial software engineering knowledge (ex: database systems, version control)
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, and Endpoint Security
- Awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Willingness to become proficient in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Business Central).
- Strong organization, documentation and project management skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team as well as be coachable by superiors.
- Effective time management skills.
- Experience with On-prem Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Business Central) – C/AL
- Understanding of Web Service APIs
- Experience using Teamwork
- Experience in manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with Microsoft System Admin – Hyper-V, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Azure Active Directory, Application Proxy, Conditional Access, Endpoint Security, Exchange Full Hybrid, Remote Desktop Services, Print Server, NPS – Radius Server, WSUS.
- Experience with Sonicwall Firewall – Access Rules, NAT Policies, Content Filters, DPI-SSL, SSL VPN – NetExtender, WiFi Access Points, Monitoring
- Experience with Servers – iDRAC, RAID
- Experience with PC/Workstations – Update and install OS and application image
- Experience with Veeam Backup