Production & BOM Specialist
The Production and BOM Specialist is responsible for assisting in the coordination of work across company departments including Order Entry, Manufacturing Systems, Design Engineering, Application Engineering, Purchasing, Scheduling, and Production Control.
- Analyze part requirements and determine the appropriate tools and processes to use to develop fabrication routers/assembly order instructions.
- Create and maintain all Bills of Material and routers within the ERP system.
- Creating Bills of Material and routers to manufacture products.
- Audit Bills of Material information for accuracy and completeness, specifically: BOM linkages, Routings, BOM types, BOT, etc.
- Become proficient in setting up new options and/or create rules to support sales.
- Assist Engineering as needed.
- Support engineering and prototype staff during the design and prototype phase of new product development.
- Maintain engineering documentation.
- Maintain and implement part/product changes and new releases.
- Create production prints in AutoCAD/Inventor.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by management and recognize that priorities can and will shift quickly to adjust to the demands of other departments for the overall benefit of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) preferred, but would consider equivalent experience or Associates degree.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of using CAD software and understanding technical drawings.
- Have basic drafting skills to review or create prints.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support production, engineering, maintenance, and purchasing personnel.
- Experience with or desire to learn Bills of Material.
- Willing to work on the manufacturing floor to gather needed information.
- Experience in ERP systems to create, maintain and use BOMs, preferred.
- Experience with Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time